- Featured Image
- Facebook, Social, Twitter
Full Review of Social Networks Auto-Poster
Social Networks Auto-Poster is the perfect plugin for publishing your posts on social media, nicely formatted.
Installation and Settings
The plugin can be installed like any other plugin, and after that, a Social Networks Auto-Poster option will appear under the Settings menu, which will allow you to make the plugin’s settings.
Here, you will find 4 tabs:
- Your Social Networks Accounts – where you can add as many social networks accounts as you want
- Other Settings – refers to auto-posts, custom post types, categories, etc.
- Log History – this keeps the last 150 records
- Help/Support – here you will find some tips for setting the apps for your social media, some FAQs and common problems
Your Social Networks Accounts Setting
Here’s the place where all the fun begins! You will find a green Add New Account button and you can add your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, WordPress, vBulletin, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Diigo, Blogger, and Google+ accounts. How? By creating Apps for them.
For example, for creating a Twitter App for your account, you must login into your account, go to the Developers site, create a new app – by adding the name, description and website.
After you create the app, you must retain Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, then create Access Token and retain Access Token and Access Token Secret. Then you must add these values in your Twitters settings from the dashboard.
And, as you can see, your Twitter account appears. To be sure that it works, you have the option to send a Test Post to Twitter, and you can verify if that is received.
Note: You can only add one account from each social network. For adding more, you have to use Social Networks Auto Poster PRO Multi Account, which is a paid version ($49).
Here you can set the way that the auto-posts are made: Scheduled – faster and efficient – or Immediately Published , you can set Who can see auto-posting options on the “New Post” pages – Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber, Customer or Shop Manager.
Social Networks Auto-Poster can send to your social networks the posts that are Custom Post Types – you can include/exclude CPT, same as you can include/exclude Categories. More than that, you can add “Open Graph” Tags – for generating title, description and preview image for your Facebook and Google+ posts.
Here will be kept your last 150 social activities. You can anytime clear the log.
Social Networks Auto Poster automatically publishes posts or custom post types from your blog to your Social Network accounts. When you create a new post, you will see an area called – Post Options – here you can change the message format and check or uncheck the social network where to be published.
And your post link will be published on your social network.
The support is offered via WordPress Support Forum and also in Help/Support Tab you will find some common problems and their solutions, some FAQs, Troubleshooting. Also you can fill a contact form and or open a support ticket.
On the plugin’s site you will also find a Support page, where you can read about installation, setup and configuration.
- Social Networks Auto-Poster is a nice plugin for quickly posting your posts on your favorite social network, with very intuitive setups to make
- It’s really nice that you can choose what to publish on your social media – the whole post or just an announcement with a back link
- You can submit your post to another WordPress Based Blog – like WordPress.com or Blog.com
- If you decide to add more accounts to a social network, you have the possibility to upgrade to the PRO version